Admin Assistant & Fleet Manager / Driver
Méribel, France; Méribel is part of the Three Valleys, one the largest ski areas in the world.
From mid October 2013 to early May 2014
From £130 pw dependant on experience and skills.
Package includes accommodation, food and drinks, lift pass, ski/snowboarding equipment, medical insurance, transport from London to and from the resort. Additional performance-based bonuses (0 to 3 times weekly salary) may also be awarded at the end of the season.
Over 21 years (required for car insurance purposes)
The purpose of this role is to provide general administrative support to Michael and Karen, and to manage the vehicles in the Purple Ski "fleet".
- Computer literacy (ideally skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word) is essential
- Previous experience of driving large vehicles, on snow and/or overseas is essential.
- Ability to converse fluently (or near-fluently) in French is essential
- Driving licence and 3 years post qualification experience is essential
- Competent at record keeping and document management
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry is highly desirable.
- Basic book-keeping/accounting skills and experience and familiarity with computerised accounting packages are desirable
General Administration/Operations Support
- Helps with preparations at the start of the season and with closing down at the end of the season, including:
- general administrative tasks at the start and end of the season (e.g., preparation of guest and staff information packs, setting up/closing down/transferring utilites accounts)
- general operational tasks at the start and end of the season (e.g., preparation / closing up of staff accommodation, opening accounts with local suppliers, preparation of chalet-related equipment)
- supporting in the organisation and delivery of start of season training
- taking staff to and from the airport
- Performs ongoing general administrative procedures such as:
- scanning and electronically filing paperwork (invoices, correspondence etc.)
- maintaining office supplies
- sending and receiving post
- checking and dealing with answermachine messages
- Supports sales and marketing activities, including preparing newsletters, updating Facebook page, Twitter
- Deals with massage-related paperwork and invoicing / payments
- Manages staff claims for sundry expenses (checks for validity and receipts, obtains approval for non-standard items, reimburses and enters into accounts)
- Covers for the Customer Services Manager on his/her day off as required
- Oversees the management and control of laundry: obtains laundry count sheets from chalets and laundry service company, checks/accounts for and resolves any issues.
- On an emergency basis (e.g., in the event of staff absence/sickness), provides cover for chalet staff and chalet assistant/drivers
- Helps ensure that any accidents and emergencies involving guests or staff are promptly and effectively dealt with
- On an exceptional basis, goes shopping to buy emergency provisions as required
Fleet Management and Driving
- Oversees the management of the Purple Ski "fleet" including:
- Taking delivery of and returning rental vehicles at the start and end of the season, and assigning them to their "owners"
- Ensuring that weekly checks are performed and reports completed
- Dealing with any maintenance, servicing and repairs
- Obtaining, maintaining and issuing of driver related equipment (e.g., snow chains, shovels, child car and booster seats, picnic hampers)
- Ensuring that drivers have all necessary paperwork required relating to vehicle licences, permits and personal medicals
- Performing regular, random inspections to ensure vehicles are kept clean and issues/damage have all been reported / dealt with
- Dealing with petrol receipts
- Diverts the duty driver phone daily
- Prepares the weekend logistics sheet, planning airport transfers and providing summary chalet changeover/preparation information
- Shares (with the Customer Services Manager) the checking, cleaning and re-fueling of own car weekly
- On up to 2 days per week (usually Sundays + 1 other day as required/assigned), provides airport transfers for guests
- On one day per week, acts as "duty driver" between 11am and 5.30pm, driving guests within the M&eactute;ribel Valley as required, helping them load and unload ski equipment as necessary.
In the first instance please complete the online application form by clicking here.
Top | Application Form