Méribel, France; Méribel is part of the Three Valleys, one of the largest ski areas in the world.
From end Nov 2015 to end April 2016
From £120pw, depending on experience and skills. Package includes accommodation, food and drinks, ski pass, skis/board and boots, medical insurance, transport from London to and from the resort. Additional performance-based bonus (0 to 3 times weekly salary) will also be awarded at the end of the season.
Over 21 years (for vehicle insurance reasons)
The General Assistant works as a chalet assistant for 4 days per week, including changeover day, also covers for one of the chefs on their day off - plus babysitting on that evening and supports the Supplies Manager on one day. Normal duties include housekeeping, driving - including airport transfers, cooking (breakfast, afternoon tea and children's supper only), babysitting, shopping, laundry delivery / collection, and other tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of Purple Ski's operations and that the Company's standards are maintained at all times.
On an emergency basis, may also be required to provide cover for all staff members (excluding chefs) in the event of absence / sickness.
The hours are long and the job is physically and emotionally demanding and you need to be good at working both alone and as part of a team. You must have extremely high work standards, be self-starting, flexible, customer-focused, self motivated, take pride in your work at all times and be conscientious.
Full driving licence and at least 3 years post qualification driving experience is essential.
Previous experience of driving large vehicles, on snow and/or overseas is highly desirable.
Ability to cook to a good level (good, homely food - not fine dining) is essential.
Previous childcare (e.g., babysitting) experience is essential.
Prior hands-on experience in the hotel and catering industry in waitering/waitressing and/ or cleaning/chamber-maiding roles is highly desirable.
Good level of spoken French is desirable.
Service : General
- Creates a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests ? including all children
- Is available to answer any questions, or resolve any problems that the guests may have, always aiming to do whatever they reasonably can to ensure that guests have the best possible skiing holiday, whether on or off the slopes. To enable this, is knowledgeable about the resort, its facilities, the Purple Ski brochure and the Staff Manual.
- Refers any complaints to Karen or Michael
- Helps clients arrange servicing and/or hire of ski equipment, also ski lessons etc. as required
- Helps ensure that all guests are provided with welcome literature and emergency contact cards.
- Helps guests to use the personal laundry facilities as required
Service : Housekeeping/Cooking/Babysitting
- On changeover day, works closely with all others on the assigned chalet team to do whatever is needed to ensure a smooth and pleasant transition for the guests and efficient changeover for staff. Changes all linen and towels, thoroughly cleans chalet. On this day and also mid-week, also helps with the collection and delivery of laundry to the chalets/laundry company.
- For 1 day a week (on the day off of the chalet chef), is responsible for setting up, providing and clearing away breakfast (supported each day by at least one other person). On this day, is also responsible for:
- making the chalet warm and welcoming before clients return from skiing (light fire, draw curtains, put on side lamps etc.)
- preparing, laying out and clearing away afternoon tea
- preparing (i.e. designing menus for, obtaining supplies for and cooking), laying table for, serving and clearing away children's high tea
- "baby-sitting" any children that may be staying in the chalet (as required) while their parents are out to dinner, until 11pm and performing turn-down service (i.e., tidies/refreshes bedrooms and bathrooms)
- laying out and clearing away coffee and digestifs in evenings
- ensuring that the guests' minibar is kept fully stocked at all times
- ensuring that a bowl of fresh fruit is available to guests at all times
- doing any chalet laundry required
- performing the evening "turndown" service
- ensuring an effective handover to the "normal" chalet team so that the standard of service is maintained
- On the chef's day off, if not required for children's tea or baby-sitting, performs other duties as required or assigned to support the rest of the team. This includes cleaning and re-fueling Purple Ski vehicles, cleaning and tidying childcare equipment (e.g., cots, high chairs), and cleaning/ tidying peripheral areas such as garages and linen storage areas.
- On 1 day, performs changeover clean (working with 1 other) in an apartment managed by Purple Ski, which is privately operated on a self-catered basis. Also ensures that any minor maintenance items are taken care of, welcome pack is provided for incoming guests. As part of this, may be required to meet and greet guests, also collect keys from outgoing guests.
- On 2 days, works in the assigned Purple Ski chalet to ensure that excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in/around the chalet at all times, including at end of season. Working alongside at least 1 other staff member, cleans and tidies the following areas:
- Cleans kitchens, dining room/area and store rooms
- Vacuums and/or mops floors/carpets in all rooms and corridors
- Refreshes sofa and other cushions
- Makes beds
- Tidies guests? bedrooms
- Cleans bathroom sanitary-ware and surfaces
- Cleans interior and exterior of windows as necessary
- Carries out bedroom turn-down service during evening dinner service
- Changes bath and hand towels mid-week in rota-ed chalet
- Washes and irons ?small? linen such as napkins, tablecloths, chef?s whites, tea towels etc
- Washes up and polishes all glasses, crockery, cutlery and pans etc
- Counts and bags up used linen/laundry ready for collection, labels bags, completes checklist(s). When clean laundry is returned, verifies receipts against the checklist and puts it away. Reports any issues (loss/damage etc.)
- In conjunction with the chef and others in the team, sets up and closes down the chalet at the start and end of the season
- Ensures that all household equipment is maintained in the best possible condition; reports and arranges any repairs and replacements promptly to the Supplies and Maintenance Manager.
- On 1 day a week, supports the Supplies Manager in weekly shopping, and distribution of purchases to chalets.
- Supports the formal review and performance appraisal of staff throughout the season and at the end of the season.
- Supports all activities associated with the opening and closing of all chalets and staff apartments and staff training as necessary.
- On an exceptional basis only, as assigned by Karen or Michael, meets guests at the airport (usually Geneva, Lyon or Chambery) and/or train stations (generally Moutiers only) and transfers them safely to their chalet. Provides a welcome talk during the trip. Also, returns departing guests to the airport/train station as assigned.
- Covers for/backs up for all chalet staff in emergencies (e.g. illness/absence)
In the first instance please complete the online application form by clicking here.
Top | Application Form