Méribel, France; Méribel is part of the Three Valleys, one of the largest ski areas in the world.
From mid October 2018 to end April 2019
Competitive package includes travel, accommodation, food and drinks and more!
Over 21 years (for vehicle insurance reasons)
There are 2 General Assistant roles, both are hybrid positions as the job holders are covering for the days off of chefs, chalet managers, chalet assistants and chalet assistant/drivers.
During a normal week, both roles include driving (including occasional airport transfers) and chalet work (housekeeping and waitressing).
This role also involves cooking (3 days per week) and childcare, helping with shopping / delivery of supplies and also some general operational tasks (some routine, others "ad hoc", as assigned by Karen) to help with the smooth running of operations.
Full driving licence and at least 3 years post qualification driving experience is essential.
At least 2 years/seasons professional passenger or goods driving exerience (provable) or a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence is essential.
Previous experience of driving large vehicles, on snow and/or overseas is highly desirable.
Prior hands-on experience in the hotel and catering industry in waitering/waitressing and/ or cleaning/chamber-maiding roles is highly desirable.
Ability to cook to a good level (good, homely food - not fine dining) is essential.
Previous childcare (e.g., babysitting) experience is essential.
Must be good at working both alone and as part of a team. You must have extremely high work standards, be self-starting, flexible, customer-focused, self motivated, take pride in your work at all times and be conscientious.
Good level of spoken French is desirable.
Service : General
- Creates a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests, including all children
- Is available to answer any questions, or resolve any problems that the guests may have, always aiming to do whatever they reasonably can to ensure that guests have the best possible skiing holiday, whether on or off the slopes. To enable this, is knowledgeable about the resort, its facilities, the Purple Ski brochure and the Staff Manual.
- Refers any complaints to Karen or Michael
- Helps ensure that all guests are provided with welcome literature and emergency contact cards.
- Helps guests to use the personal laundry facilities as required
Service : Housekeeping/Cooking/Babysitting
- On changeover day, works closely with all others on the assigned chalet team to do whatever is needed to ensure a smooth and pleasant transition for the guests and efficient changeover for staff. Changes all linen and towels, thoroughly cleans chalet.
- For 3 days a week (on the day off of the relevant chalet chef), is responsible for setting up, providing and clearing away breakfast (supported each day by at least one other person). On this day, is also responsible for:
- making the chalet warm and welcoming before clients return from skiing (light fire, draw curtains, put on side lamps etc.)
- preparing, laying out and clearing away afternoon tea
- preparing (i.e. designing menus for, obtaining supplies for and cooking), laying table for, serving and clearing away children's high tea
- "baby-sitting" any children that may be staying in the chalet (as required) while their parents are out to dinner, until 11pm and performing turn-down service (i.e., tidies/refreshes bedrooms and bathrooms)
- laying out and clearing away coffee and digestifs in evenings
- ensuring that the guests' minibar is kept fully stocked at all times
- ensuring that a bowl of fresh fruit is available to guests at all times
- doing any chalet laundry required
- performing the evening "turndown" service
- ensuring an effective handover to the "normal" chalet team so that the standard of service is maintained
- On the chef's days off, if not required for children's tea or baby-sitting, performs other duties as required or assigned to support the rest of the team. This includes cleaning and re-fueling Purple Ski vehicles, cleaning and tidying childcare equipment (e.g., cots, high chairs), and cleaning/ tidying peripheral areas such as garages and linen storage areas.
- May occasionally be rotaed to cover for a chalet manager / assistant instead of a chef. On these days, works in the assigned Purple Ski chalet to as housekeeper/chambermaid and waitress to ensure that the highest standards of service and cleanliness are maintained. (See job description)
- Ensures that all household equipment is maintained in the best possible condition; reports and arranges any repairs and replacements promptly to the Supplies and Maintenance Manager.
- Supports all activities associated with the opening and closing of all chalets and staff apartments before the start of, and at the end of, the season.
- Supports in the organisation and delivery of start of season training as necessary.
- On 1 day a week, supports the Supplies Manager in weekly shopping, and distribution of purchases to chalets. Also responds to / deals with supplies related calls on the day off of the Supplies Manager.
- For the remainder of the week :
- Performs operational and administration tasks as required to help with the smooth running of the business, such as the preparation, delivery and stock management of guest gifts and toiletries and more (most of these tasks are routine/repetitive, others ad hoc and as specifically assigned/requested by Karen).
- Supports chalets as required when additional housekeeping, waitressing and/or driving support is needed.
- Helps ensures that any accidents and emergencies involving guests or staff are promptly and effectively dealt with
- On 1 day a week (changeover day) drives chalet staff to and from work as necessary.
- Occasionally (on changeover day or mid-week on an exceptional basis as assigned by Karen), performs airport transfers, meeting guests at the airport (usually Geneva, Lyon or Chambery) and/or train stations (generally Moutiers only) and transferring them safely to their chalet; also returns departing guests to the airport/train station as required.
- Supports the formal review and performance appraisal of staff throughout the season and at the end of the season.
- Covers for/backs up for all chalet staff in emergencies (e.g. illness/absence)
In the first instance please complete the online application form by clicking here.
Top | Application Form