Méribel, France; Méribel is part of the Three Valleys, one of the largest ski areas in the world.
From mid October 2019 to early May 2020
Highly competitive salary package with accommodation, travel, food and drinks included. Potential additional performance-based bonus.
Over 21 years (required for vehicle insurance reasons)
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that all chalets are supplied with all necessary provisions in accordance with the specific requests of chalet staff and on a timely basis, for managing and optimising stocks overall and ensuring that costs are kept within budgeted limits.
Also supports the General Assistant â€“ Maintenance in ensuring that all repairs and renewals are carried out promptly and to a high standard in all Purple Ski properties.
May also occasionally be required to support with the smooth running of operations in general (e.g., by the performance of airport transfers).
Note : this is NOT a supervisory position, i.e., no staff report in to the job holder, however as the Supplies Manager must ensure that each of the chalet chefs meet their budgets she/he does have coordinating responsibilities in that regard.
Previous Experience and skills
- Receives, collates and combines (challenging/making suggestions/decisions to optimise as required) orders from each chalet. Includes:
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Meat and fish
- Dry goods
- Gas bottles
- Submits combined orders to approved suppliers.
- Receives deliveries from suppliers, verifies quantity and condition and distributes to chalets supplies of food, drinks and all other items on a timely basis. Resolves any issues, including arranging for returns and repeat deliveries.
- Goes shopping to buy bulk provisions (weekly) and emergency provisions as required
- Helps with the movement/distribution, set up and stock control of beds and children's/baby equipment
- In conjunction with the Operations Director, identifies and negotiates with suppliers to obtain best possible quality, cost and convenience/ timeliness of deliveries. Gets approval of Operations Director for any new suppliers
Stock and Cost Control
- Monitors supplies usage and costs and ensures that purchases are within general (total, including by-chalet) and specific (by type) budgets. Follows up with chefs/chalet staff and reports to Operations Director as necessary regarding any under/over usage
- Ensures that stock takes are performed on a periodic basis and that stocks are maintained at the minimum level possible throughout the season. Is able to explain any unusual usage patterns to Operations Director
- Throughout the season, but in particular at the end of the season, actively manages stocks, orders and usage to ensure minimum wastage and residual stock.
- Prior to the start of, and immediately following the winter season helps Maintenance Manager carry out general maintenance and repairs for all Purple Ski chalets and staff apartments
- Throughout the season, supports the Maintenance Manager in monitoring damage, breakages and breakdowns for all Purple Ski chalets and property (except vehicles) and where possible to carry out or organises repairs promptly (especially on the day offof teh Maintenance Manager)
- Helps to maintain a log of all repairs and renewals, also to provide reports on status regularly and accounts for their cost
- On changeover days and on an exceptional basis, may be required to provide transfers for guests in-resort or, on occasion, to/from the airport or train station
- Maintains Purple Ski health and safety (including food hygiene) standards at all times
- Responsible for the management and cleanliness of general (shared) storage areas and also oversees all chalet garages / store rooms.
- Participates in management meetings as required to review overall operational and business performance. As part of this, reviews and reports on issues relating to the quality of supplies and/or accuracy of supplier order fulfillment, also any major maintenance issues
In the first instance please complete the online application form by clicking here.