We know how important it is for you to have as much reassurance as possible about your upcoming trip, so that you can relax and enjoy your holiday with us - after all, we like to travel too and want the same reassurance about our own holidays. Below are some of most common questions we've been asked about this coming winter, so that you can book and start preparing for your holiday with confidence.
What happens if my holiday is unable to go ahead because of Covid-19?
If your holiday is unable to go ahead due to issues relating to Covid-19 - specifically:
- The relevant local ski area (3 Valleys or Tignes-Val d'Isère) is closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic,
- The French government or local authorities has stipulated that catered chalets cannot operate,
- There is a prohibition on movement of people that prevents you from travelling to your chalet accommodation,
- The French government requires you to quarantine on arrival in France,
- The FCO or equivalent government body for your country of origin (as stated on your Booking Form) requires you to quarantine on return from your holiday,
you will be able to choose between one of the following options:
- Postpone your booking to the corresponding week the following year or the one after (depending on availability), in the same property, at no extra cost, even if the cost of that week would otherwise have risen
- Defer all monies paid onto your next holiday booking at any of our properties, taken any time in the next 2 years, and valid at properties across the whole of the group, summer or winter.
Which precautionary measures will be in place to keep me safe in resort?
Local businesses and authorities are working together to analyse risks and put together the plan for how the resorts can operate as safely and comfortably as possible this winter, including face coverings on ski lifts, social distancing in queues, regular cleaning of equipment, and regulating the times that bars and restaurants will be able to open, among other measures.
For more details on how your resort will be keeping you safe, please see the following links for each resort:
- Méribel's Covid-19 information page
- Courchevel's Covid-19 information page
- Val d'Isère's Charter of Commitment
What will Purple Ski be doing to keep me safe during my stay at the chalet?
Purple Ski will be following all government guidance - from the UK and France on health and safety in our chalets, to supplement our already rigorous hygiene and cleaning procedures, and will be providing our staff with additional training to keep all of our clients and staff safe from Covid-19.
It goes without saying that hygiene and the safety of our guests and staff will be our top priority this winter. We are working with the relevant authorities and relying on expert advice to ensure that our cleaning and safety protocol will be thoroughly researched and completely up to date. All of our staff will be thoroughly hygiene trained and we will audit all procedures every week. Hand sanitiser will be provided to all of our guests and staff.
As always, we endeavour to be as flexible and adaptable as possible, so if you have any particular requirements or concerns please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Is it possible to socially distance on my chalet holiday?
Staying in your own private chalet, with dedicated staff and everything delivered to you before your arrival, could not be a more perfect way to avoid the crowds.
With breakfast, afternoon tea and children's tea provided every day of your stay, and dinner on 6 nights, you won't need to leave the chalet if you'd prefer not to. On the chef's night off, we'd be delighted to collect a takeaway for you.
Ski equipment can be delivered and fitted in your chalet by our recommended provider White Storm.
Lift passes can also be pre-booked and delivered to the chalet ahead of your arrival.
Why not ask us to arrange live music or a cocktail party in the comfort of your chalet, so you don't have to visit busy bars for après ski?
Or simply take advantage of your chalet's private spa facilities and our in-house massage service.
We will do whatever we can to make your holiday extra special while ensuring you and your family feel safe, so please don't hesitate to get in touch to discuss any concerns or requirements you may have - we would be delighted to hear from you.
How can I avoid the crowds during my journey to and from resort?
Avoid exposure to crowds during your journey to resort by taking a private jet to one of the local airports. We can refer you to a reliable aircraft charter broker to arrange your private jet.
However you choose to fly, a Purple Ski private transfer can be arranged to transport you safely to resort in your own private vehicle.
Alternatively, driving to resort can be an excellent option. You can bring as much luggage as you like, take your time with the journey, and we can recommend a stopover en-route. All of our chalets have private car parking which you are welcome to use on arrival.